Servicepos can easily handle multiple currency conversions.
It works like this, that you still have a total cash balance in Danish kroner, so the system will only convert the foreign currency and indicate it as a means of payment on the receipt. The system no longer handles foreign currency as multiple cash holdings.
How to reveice different currencies:
- Go to Settings
- Click on POS
- Then you press Payment type
- You can call it Euro and then you press Save
- Then you press Edit on the new payment type you have added
- Choose the curreny EUR for euro or SEK for swedish krones
- After that you add your conversionrate for example 7,49 for EUR
- Click on Ok and press Save
How to use the new currency in POS:
- Choose some of your items and add them to checkout
- To change currency you just have to press on kr (the grey boks to the right)
- The system then change the currency to euros and people can now pay with euros.
End of day report with different currencies:
The end of day report doesn't register euros it just converts it to danish krones automatically.
So you count your Euro and Danish kroner and calculate the total amount in Danish kroner and use this to reconcile your portfolio.
- It is smart to do it this way, since you do not have to deal with more cash in your accounting, and your bank exchanges your Euro for DKK anyway.